The Kano-Dambatta-Kazaure-Daura-Mashi-Katsina-Jibiya-Maradi Line is one of the new railway Lines in which the Government is interested for next construction. The railway line has an alignment of approximately 283.750 km and will connect the Three Federal States of Kano, Jigawa and Katsina with the city of Maradi (Republic of the Niger).
The new “standard gauge” Kano-Dambatta-Kazaure-Daura-Mashi-Katsina-Jibiya-Maradi railway line has an approximate length of 283.750 km; it crosses and/or passes by all the most important cities and villages, which are served by 15 stations distributed along the route.
- Passenger Express Trains: v=160 km/h
- Passenger Local Trains: v=120 km/h
- Freight Train: v=100 km/h
Heavy Freight Train with axle load to 22.5 t: v= 80 km/h
- Detailed Feasibility of the potential Standard Gauge Railway extensions to establish the Technical, economical and financial viability of the project and to generate an Outline Business Case (OBC) document in accordance with Nigerian National Policy and PPP regulations;
- Provision for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Preliminary design of the railway line
- Works Supervision and design vetting