Nigerian Railway Modernization
The Idu – Kaduna railway is part of the Nigerian Railway Modernization Project, consisting in the realization of a new standard gauge railway line from Lagos to Kano with connections to Abuja, via Minna and Kaduna, total length 1315 km. The implementation of the Idu – Kaduna railway represents the 1st Phase of the Project.
Main characteristics of the line:
Length: 186 km
Gauge: 1435 mm.
Design speed: 150 km/h
Stations: No. 9
Service: Mixed passenger and freight
- Pre/contract technical, economic and contractual assistance;
- Design vetting in all design phases and with particular control over:
– application and selection of technical parameters and standards
– verification of Chinese specifications vs. international standards
– signalling and telecommunications
- Works supervision
- Assistance in final testing and commissioning
- Checking and approval of Maintenance Manuals and procedures