Takoradi - Sekondi Via Kojokrom Railway Infrastructure
The project consists of the rehabilitation and renovation of the first segment of the Western Line (narrow gauge, 1.067m) and the establishment of a suburban train service between the twin cities of Takoradi and Secondi.
It will also include:
- The renovation of three stations buildings (Takoradi, Butuan, Kojokrom) and the construction of the new Sekondi Station Building
- The design, supply and installation of a new signaling & telecommunication system
- Supply of two DMU train sets, air conditioned on narrow gauge bogies.
- Rehabilitation of existing rolling stock
The renovated line shall have the following parameters:
Speed – 120km/h per passengers and 80 km/h for freight
Axle Load – 21 tons/axle
Permanent Way – Rails 54E1 on dual gauge prestressed concrete sleepers
- Technical assistance to the Client in the awarding phase to the Contractor
- Vetting of the Contractor’s design for construction
- Works supervision
- Assistance for Testing and Commissioning